How to Submit Course or Curriculum Proposal(s)
These guides offer detailed instructions (with screenshots) for the following options:
- ADD A new SAS course to the Catalog, with or without certification of Core goals;
- CHANGE an existing SAS course, with or without certification of Core goals;
- DROP an existing SAS course from the Catalog;
- Submit a Course for Certification in the Core Curriculum
- pdf Getting Started with the online proposal system (a flow chart)
Step by Step Guide - ALL options
Step by Step Guide to proposing a course for
( Default PowerPoint slides ) | ( pdf PDF )
- Frequently Asked Questions about Core Goals Certification -
( Default FAQs - PowerPoint slides ) | ( pdf FAQs - PDF )
NUTS & BOLTS: Proposing a Course for the Core
(an outline of the basics)
- Policy on Catalog Changes to Courses certified in the Core Curriculum ( PDF)
The SAS Curriculum Committee reviews proposals for new and revised courses, majors, minors, certificates, and other undergraduate programs of the School of Arts and Sciences. The deadline for submitting proposals usually will be one week before a scheduled meeting.
The Core Requirements Committee (CRC) reviews proposals for the certification of courses for one or more of the Core Curriculum Learning Goals. The deadline for submitting proposals usually will be two days before a scheduled meeting.
The CRC also reviews proposals for minors to be offered to SAS students by academic units that are not SAS departments or programs: see Requirements for SAS Minors.