What We Offer
The SAS teaching & learning team is available to consult with any SAS instructor on pedagogy, assessment, curricular planning, or course design for any modality. Based on your needs, we can help determine possible instructional solutions using inclusive, equitable, and evidence-based approaches.
To set up a consultation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Can Help
Consultations can range from a one-off meeting about a specific question to ongoing meetings tackling a bigger project. Be sure to see our Course Development services if you’re looking for start-to-finish course development support.
Areas for Consultation
The following are examples of the kind of consultations we offer:
- Developing learning goals, backward design, and doing curricular mapping
- Designing course activities such as collaborations, group work, and authentic assessments
- Troubleshooting LMS or other technology tools that aren’t working as you expect
- Considering a variety of ways students can demonstrate their learning
- Determining how to structure and organize your course clearly and consistently
- Building and maintaining inclusive learning communities
- Selecting and implementing instructional technologies
- Reviewing course feedback, assessment results, and experiences and determining next steps for future iterations
- Discussing best practices for offering an existing course in another modality
- Providing feedback on curriculum committee course proposals including those for online and hybrid modalities
- Developing course-based assessments, Core Curriculum assessment, or program assessment strategies