This page links to online teaching resources available to SAS instructors. If you know of a resource not listed here, please contact us so we can add it!
New to Canvas? The Canvas resources below are a good place to start.
If you need help right away
If you have an immediate technical issue with Canvas, start by contacting the Canvas Help Desk.
For all other questions and issues, start by contacting the SAS Teaching & Learning team.
- Asynchronous Engagement
- Organizing Your Course in Canvas
- Remote Exams and Assessments
- Resources for Inclusive, Equitable, and Effective Teaching
- Advice for Converged Courses
- Canvas Grades: Best Practices
Course Design & Instructional Design Support
- SAS Teaching & Learning Consultations
- SAS Course Development Process
- University Teaching and Learning with Technology Consultations
Developing Online Teaching and Learning
- SAS Teaching & Learning Workshops offered by request
- University Teaching and Learning with Technology Workshops
Courses for Students
The Learning Center’s How to Succeed in an Online Course is a great resource to share with students to support them in developing online learning strategies.
The Canvas at Rutgers page provides the following services and information:
- Faculty Orientation Tutorial for First Time Canvas Users
- Student Tutorial for First Time Canvas Users
- Request a Course Site
- Course Readiness Checklist
- Help for students using Canvas (FAQs, Documentation)
- Information on external apps (additional learning technologies)
The Canvas Help Desk provides 24/7 phone and email technical support and troubleshooting for Canvas.