New to Canvas? The Canvas resources below are a good place to start.
If you need help right away
If you have an immediate technical issue with Canvas, start by contacting the Canvas Help Desk.
- Asynchronous Engagement
- Organizing Your Course in Canvas
- Remote Exams and Assessments
- Resources for Inclusive, Equitable, and Effective Teaching
- Advice for Converged Courses
- Canvas Grades: Best Practices
Course Design & Instructional Design Support
- SAS Teaching & Learning Consultations
- SAS Course Development Process
- University Teaching and Learning with Technology Consultations
Developing Online Teaching and Learning
- SAS Teaching & Learning Workshops offered by request
- University Teaching and Learning with Technology Workshops
Courses for Students
The Learning Center’s How to Succeed in an Online Course is a great resource to share with students to support them in developing online learning strategies.
The Canvas at Rutgers page provides the following services and information:
- Faculty Orientation Tutorial for First Time Canvas Users
- Student Tutorial for First Time Canvas Users
- Request a Course Site
- Course Readiness Checklist
- Help for students using Canvas (FAQs, Documentation)
- Information on external apps (additional learning technologies)
The Canvas Help Desk provides 24/7 phone and email technical support and troubleshooting for Canvas.